Saturday, January 07, 2006

Australian national final day

One last race was schedule today, Marcus didn't take part. The world champion Jan Von der Bank sailed for the first time in Fremantle and did very well as he win the race with quite impressive speed. Todays racing condition were similar to yesterday with 5-8 knots sea breeze and very similar to Travemunde were Jan won the world championship.
At the start there were 5 ocs and unluckily most of them near me. As I didn't have a good start Matt Hosie had the best one and he went far left on the lay line and got at the first mark with a good gap from Jan and Tim Hill. Jan won the race at the end quite easily (even if Hosie was leading most of it) and Tim Hill grabbed the 2nd spot just at the finish tanks to the closed covering from Jan to Hosie.
The position from the 4th to the 25th were not that defined as sailor like Paul green, C. Homeier and Tim Holden went right at the second upwind and lost over 15 boats. Rodger White, John Cassidy gained about 15 position jumping from the over 20 to the top 7. I did not too bad as I was around 23rd at the top mark and slowly made my way up to end 13. I also had problem with my centreboard that I broke the adjuster fittings and was jammed down...I have to say that I am not sailing well in light wind at the moment. This 2 days of light wind are quite rare in Fremantle and much more wind is the normal breeze. From Tomorrow till wednesday is expected much more wind and the beginning of the world championship will see different condition (might even be too windy for racing).
The overall result was:
1st Marcus, 2nd Soren, 3rd Tim Hill, 4th Simon Mussel, 5th Andrea Bonezzi,
you can see the complete result at the usual link:
http://contenderclass.org/aus/freo2006/results.htm
ciao andrea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home