Wednesday, July 18, 2007

world championship 2007 day2

The second day of racing was very windy, i think around 25 knots with gust close to 30 knots.
The forecast was for less wind and most of the sailor were not ready for such a strong breeze.
I was sailing against the group of Marcus, the races started with Marcus in front and I was second and Jan Von der Bank third. I have to say i was more in a survive mode then a racing mode, Jan was the one pushing harder, Marcus was confortable in front of me and didn't have need of taking risks. It was all decided on the last upwind, Jan went all the way left, Marcus followed me on the right, at 300 m from the finish Jan Just crossed in front of Marcus, I gained a lot on, at the finish line Jan was few second in the lead Marcus 2nd and i was 1 boat length behind.
In The second Group seems Tim Hill had an easy win even with a cupsized, his comment was"... it is just so great to race without Marcus...".
After the first race the RC send the competitor back in the harbour, we waited few hours the wind to drop and the racing was cancelled at around 3.30.
andrea Bonezzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at the race results I see that you are ahead, again. Well done.

19 July, 2007 16:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home